Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Holidays + Updates

Where to begin?!
Early in October we took a trip to Gunnies Western Wear and purchased my first pair of cowgirl boots, some lovely comfortable, warm, 100% leather and waterproof Ariats!
That weekend we decided to break them in and went on a little hike up on the Alpine Loop :)
In mid-October Tyson and I celebrated the anniversary of our first date together by going back to Trafalga. Ty meant it to be a surprise, but I ended up guessing where we were going....oops! We started with
mini-golf, which he won, though I kicked his trash last year :) I opted out of the batting cages because it was too cold, like last time. Ty hit over 100 balls! Then onto the go-karts! We got to drive their new fast karts and the kid let us drive for 25 minutes- our hands were frozen to the steering wheel :)Then we ended with some arcade games- our prizes? Some candy and chattering teeth.

Halloween our fellow RA pals put on a costume party at the clubhouse- decor and all :) Tyson and I were ....

....Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf in grandma's clothing :) Tyson's mask started to scare poor Cody, so he spent most of the night just dressed as a grandma haha! We aate delicious food, got intense in some rounds of Mafia, and then watched Wait Until Dark (great choice Annie!) Dana and Tanner came dressed as grandparents and looked awesome. Tyson's friend Dustin and wife Emily also came as grandparents- equally awesome!

The first Friday of November we had the opportunity to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple for Erin's endowments (my best friend growing up). It was wonderful to see her family again, especially her mother, who is such a loving wonderful woman, and part of many of my childhood memories. Tyson and I were impressed with how large the temple is up close (it just looks much smaller from across the valley on I-15!).

We're so excited to visit again for Erin and Steven's sealing on the 21st! Molly and Diane our best friend's from high school are flying out to come to the wedding as well! Ty and I are excited to have them stay with us. Erin and I are stoked to be able to have sometime together, since we haven't gotten together very often since graduation!
(Fun fact: Erin and I will be married across the Salt Lake Valley from each other- Draper and Oquirrh)

Thanksgiving. We spent down in Logandale and Cedar City. We rode down with Ty's cousin Loren in his Jeep. We went off-roading and shooting- found that a .22 is my best bet with guns, or at least that's what I'm the most accurate with.
We saw Harry Potter Thanksgiving night, then drove up on Friday. The Jeep broke down 15 miles south of Filmore in 10 degree weather and no heater! Needless to say we froze while waiting for the tow truck!

1 comment:

  1. Photograph of the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple (c)2009 by Michael Provard.

    ReplyDelete